Sisters in Crime Queensland Chapter
Hi Sisters, we’d love to welcome all Queensland crime writers, readers, and enthusiasts to our group.
We plan to have a few activities during the year that Sisters outside of Brisbane can hopefully attend, we’ll keep you posted. Connect with us on Facebook and our Google group email for notices (details below).
2019 Meeting dates:
Please lock these dates in, we’d love to see you there… note that some of the times vary due to the availability of the room.
Location: Brisbane Square Library, George Street, in ‘our’ Community Meeting Room. We have a kitchenette, so bring a plate to share if you can, BYO coffee, or you can make tea or coffee in the adjoining kitchenette (cups, milk, tea, coffee and sugar supplied).
- 9 Feb – Lunch meet 12 – 2.30pm
- 2 Mar – Brunch meet 9.30am – 12pm
- 13 Apr – Late morn 11am – 1.30pm
- 18 May – Mid morn meet 10.30am – 1pm
- 8 June – Lunch meet 12 – 2.30pm
- 6 July – Mid morn meet 10.30am – 1pm
- 10 Aug – Lunch meet 12 – 2.30pm
- 21 Sept – Mid morn meet 10.30am – 1pm
- 12 Oct – Lunch meet 12 – 2.30pm
- 9 Nov – Sisters weekend away – TBC
- 14 Dec – Xmas lunch meet 12 -2.30pm
What happens at our meetings?
We share information on crime books, podcasts and show we are watching and can recommend; tips and tricks to help in our writing journey; grant information and competitions; and have a good social time of it. There’s no need to be a published writer, just a crime lover.
Our proposed 2019 projects:
- ‘Serial Chapter Podcast’ with Queensland Sisters. A set theme, a different chapter by each Sister… let’s see where the plot takes us!
- SINCQ Podcast: interviewing Sisters with stories and tips to share, visiting authors, and guests. Launching this year!
- Scarlett Stiletto – it’s been a long while since a Qld Sister took out top honours (Christina Lee did us proud). So, in 2019, we’re going to make a concerted effort to get that stiletto to our State. More info at our meetings.
Our proposed getaways for 2019:
- Murder on the Rails’ mystery dinner on the Sunlander steam train – a night out with dinner and a murder of course! We have to work out whodunnit. Date TBC – possibly May.
- Sisters’ Weekend Retreat – a get away with plenty of relaxing activities and social opportunities, plus learning opportunities and workshops from guest authors and instructors. Date TBC – November 2019. All Sisters welcome from Qld and interstate.
Feedback on your work:
Our Sisters are more than happy to provide feedback and mentoring. Bring a sample of your work along to our meetings if you would like some help, or post on our Facebook page that you would like feedback. Available Sisters will get back to you.
Connect with us:
Email us: We’d love to hear of successes, book launches, workshops, courses, and anything crime related, as well as all enquiries.
Facebook: Click ‘like’ on the Queensland Sisters in Crime Facebook page to join us.
Subscribe to get Sister notices: please subscribe to our Google group list – which is for discussions and sharing of information, including meeting agenda and outcomes.